Bo Balagia is an associate attorney at Allensworth, dedicated to helping clients navigate the complex construction legal landscape. As a fourth-generation Austinite, Bo has a deep personal investment in the growth and success of his hometown, which led him to pursue a career in construction law.
Bo received his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin and went on to graduate from the University of Texas School of Law. During his time in law school, he took Will Allensworth’s construction litigation course, where he distinguished himself as a standout student with an exceptional analytical mind and a gift for problem-solving.
Since joining the firm, Bo has quickly become an invaluable asset to the firm and exemplifies what it means to be a team player. He brings an unwavering enthusiasm and a client-first attitude to work, always striving to find innovative and efficient ways to deliver results for his clients. Bo’s primary concern is making his colleagues’ and his clients’ lives a little easier, tackling whatever challenges that arise from a position of empathy, attention to detail, and proactively identifying—and then solving—any issues that arise.
To describe Bo as “interesting” is wholly inadequate. A self-described movie nut and history buff, his talents and hobbies include playing and composing on the piano, jamming out on the guitar, reading the classics, and hunting and fishing. When not in the office, you can find Bo enjoying Austin’s thriving live music scene (both playing gigs and supporting other artists), running Town Lake, or sipping margaritas at Matt’s El Rancho.
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section | Member (2022-Present)
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section | Member (Present)
- State Bar of Texas, Environmental and Natural Resources Section | Member (Present)
- State Bar of Texas, Texas Young Lawyers Section | Member (Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section | Member (2022-Present)
- Austin Young Lawyers Association | Member (2022-Present)
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law (2022)
- Texas International Law Journal, Associate Editor
- American Journal of Criminal Law, Associate Editor
- B.A., History, The University of Texas at Austin (2018)
Licenses & Certifications
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Admitted to U.S. District Court for the Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- Admitted to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals